Summer is my favourite time of year, full of lazy days in the sunshine, swimming in the sea and lots of weddings! All of which require a cracking waterproof mascara.
There are plenty of lists online telling you which one is the "best", however, you never quite know whose being paid by cosmetic companies to promote their winner.
So I've done my own research and chose the 5 most recommended waterproof mascaras from Vogue, Women's Health, Elle, Hello, Evening Standard, Telegraph, Stylist..the list goes on!
Here are my honest top 5 along with un-Photoshopped photos of me wearing each before and after:
Sassi's No. 1 - Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara (£18)
- Light and feathery in application. Suits those who like a more natural look. You'll need a few layers, but the result is gorgeous glossy black lashes.
- Perfect for sensitive eyes too - I didn't even notice I was wearing anything.
- By 6pm, I was left with only the slightest of smudges despite lots of swimming and a lengthy shower.
- Easy to remove with an oil-based make-up remover too! Bonus!
Sassi's No. 2 - Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara (£22)
- A Brides magazine favourite - this had more "oomph" than its Clinique rival and gave me thick black lashes on first application without any clumps.
- The reason for it missing the top spot - despite it staying put all day long - is that on the third day of application it made my eyes so incredibly itchy that I had to take it off immediately.
- Tricky to remove. I found best way was to shower first and then use a waterproof make-up remover.
Sassi's No. 3 - Clarins Truly Waterproof Mascara (£21.50)
- As soon as I heard this mascara had extract of bitter orange tree and olive I had to give it a go.
- The initial result was fantastic. It smells delicious (unusual for a mascara) and gave me lovely cat-like eyelashes in 3 swipes. The sleek gold and black packaging also adds to its allure.
- Unfortunately, after a day at the beach the results were not at all complimentary. A real shame - but maybe one for everyday use?
Sassi's No. 4 - Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Mascara (£18.50)
- One for girls who love fake lashes - this one is big and bold. The industrial cosmetic smell is quite overpowering and I found the formula too thick and sticky for my lashes. Loved the matte black packaging though.
- Terrible staying power! It all came off after the first swim.
- It was also incredibly tricky to take off even with a waterproof make-up remover.
Sassi's No. 4 - Maxfactor Masterpiece Waterproof Mascara (£9.99)
- I've been a devout user of the non-waterproof version of this mascara since I was 16, but the waterproof version is a no no.
- It was splodgy, slimey & stung my eyes. Very tricky to remove too!
We'd love to hear your thoughts. What waterproof mascara do you love? Add your comments below.
http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/ – Amoxicillin No Prescription Amoxicillin Online obj.opal.sassiswimwear.com.sln.qc http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/
http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/ – Amoxicillin 500mg Dosage Amoxicillin hbs.uoxr.sassiswimwear.com.bby.dj http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/
http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/ – Amoxicillin Amoxicillin No Prescription cqz.flrh.sassiswimwear.com.dvt.rr http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/
http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/ – Amoxicillin No Prescription Amoxicillin No Prescription hbs.uoxr.sassiswimwear.com.bby.dj http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/
http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/ – Amoxicillin 500mg Capsules Amoxicillin cqz.flrh.sassiswimwear.com.dvt.rr http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya3/